Frequently Asked Questions
Why have you changed your business name from Lauren Merrick Illustration?
I (Lauren) have had a lot of changes in my life since I started as a freelance illustration back in 2012. I wanted to rebrand as a way to expand my business to include not only illustrated paper goods. In a funny little way, I am hoping that taking my name out of my business also gives me some extra confidence to strive for goals maybe I wouldn’t have when I was trying to promote my name.
When will my order be shipped?
We aim to ship all orders out within 2-3 days of receiving your order. We are a small business with a small team, in business periods orders may take a little longer to ship. We will do our best to communicate if there are any major delays.
Can I return my order?We will exchange or refund your order if your item arrives damaged. However we do not refund or exchange if you change of mind. If you’re having trouble deciding on a product please get in touch with any questions you have and we can provide you with more information. We will cover the cost of re-shipping:
- If your order arrived damaged.
- If an item was received in error.
- If your package was lost in the mail. *However, if Australia Post claims your item was delivered but you didn’t receive it, we ask that you cover the cost of re-shipping the package.*
- If your package was mis-delivered and you are unable to correct the matter with your local post office.
- If you seek a replacement or an exchange for reasons other than damage or loss as described above.
- If you provided an incorrect shipping address at checkout.
- If Australia Post claims your item was delivered but you didn’t receive it.
- If for any reason you were unable to collect your package at customs.
*All refunds and exchanges will be processed upon receipt of the item in its original condition. Shipping will only be refunded if the entire package arrived damaged or the package was lost in the mail.
How are your shipping rates calculated?
We use the Australia Post shipping calculator which is based on the weight and size of the product and where it is being sent.
Do you offer custom products?
We do offer commissioned artworks and custom family portraits. However, we do not offer custom changes to our product range.
How do I order a family portrait?
The listing for a custom family portrait is in the menu at the top of our website. If it is unavailable it is sold out and will be available again soon. If you would like to be notified when orders are open again please sign up to our newsletter and you’ll hear about it first!
Can you illustrate my children’s book?
I love illustrating picture books and love to be asked to do this, however there are a few ways to go about this, I address some of my thoughts on this in my Picture Book Illustration FAQ’s. When you get in touch with me please let me know whether you are self publishing, partnership publishing or in an agreement with a book publisher.
Where do you get your work printed?
I print my art prints and greeting cards on my Epson Sure Colour P600. My calendars are printed by Print Together.
What paper do you use?
Art prints are printed on Hahnemühle Bamboo paper, greeting cards and calendars are printed on 100% recycled 300gsm paper stock.